Thursday, February 3, 2011

On the Road Again ...

Happy Chinese New Year!
While not Chinese, I’m taking this opportunity to restart my first blog. I find it difficult to maintain a blog because I find writing without pay difficult, unless I’m ranting and raving in Livejournal. Heck, a private client even pays me to blog.
But, here I am, blogging again, with new resolutions.
My 2011 resolutions are:
  • Trust and follow my instincts. Always. When I doubt myself, and go against my gut, I regret it.
  • Branch out and get more eggs in my freelance writing basket. I’m already doing quite well with this one.
  • Lose weight – the same resolution I’ve had for a couple years now. I eat moderately well, but I live a very sedentary lifestyle, compounded by health problems that leave me feeling fatigued and sore every day. Plus, I catch every little virus. I’m at the tail-end of a virus right now. It’s really hard to exercise when you have a raging sore throat or feel like vomiting, but I’m putting forth my best efforts with the help of Wii Fit Plus and the Just Dance games.
  • Blog. Oh, look. I’m doing that one right now.
So here’s to another attempt at blogging. I’ll add new goals throughout the year.
Now, it’s time to enjoy my Chinese New Year dinner:
Pot Stickers, Kung Pao Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Hot & Sour Soup, Sweet and Sour Pork and Steamed Rice.
Photobucket
No fortune cookies. Is that a bad omen? Or a way of the universe telling me I make my own destiny?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy to see a new blogger face. Totally following :) Good luck keeping your resolutions.

    ReplyDelete