Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me. I'm Old Now.

I'm officially in my late 20s. I'm 27 today. I did not make my weight-loss goal, but with the stress of the last couple weeks, I didn't expect to.

I haven't had time to post as I'm trying to write more for my clients to make up for my husband's unemployment running out. The Sacramento job market sucks, in case you hadn't heard.

We live in a kind of a disaster of house -- a house I love, nonetheless -- and have had some major plumbing problems while husband does a DIY remodel on the master bathroom. Chaos is a good word to describe life lately.

I really wanted to treat myself to a few things for my birthday with my birthday money, but since we're in a crazy tight bind, I really held back and only got two things have been on my list for a long time:

black ballet flats, on sale for $11 at Payless
new sunglasses, because I lost my last pair in the ocean.
Payless has everything buy one, get one half off, so my sunglasses were $5.

I found the most AMAZING 50s cat-eye sunglasses with rhinestones at Icing,
but they were $14, and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much. 
Maybe some day ...

I was at the mall to see Tangled. It was pretty cute. The Regal/UA theater at Sunrise gets movies after they have been out for awhile, so they are only $3.50 during the week and $3.75 on the weekends. They get a lot children's movies. It's a great way for a family to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment